May is Michigan Wine Month, and as part of Grand Traverse Resort and Spa’s celebration of Michigan Wine Month, the Resort is partnering with the Wineries of Old Mission Peninsula (WOMP) to host a special one-night, food and wine pairing event.
In the Michigan Ballroom on Saturday, May 20, 2017, starting at 7 p.m., wines from nine WOMP wineries will be paired with delicious small plates prepared by Resort Chefs. Participating wineries include 2 Lads Winery, Black Star Farms, Bowers Harbor Vineyards, Brys Estate, Chateau Chantal, Chateau Grand Traverse, Hawthorne Vineyards, Mari Vineyards, and Peninsula Cellars.
Tickets are $75 per adult and include nine wine and food pairings (price includes tax and gratuity, but does not include online ticketing fee). Tickets are available for purchase on MyNorthTickets.com. Those purchasing tickets must be at least 21 years of age. Additional pairing tickets will be available for purchase on the day of the event.
The nine-course food and wine pairing menu unites wine from each WOMP winery with a unique dish designed to create the perfect harmony of flavors.
Food and Wine Pairing Menu
- Fire Roasted Poblano Peppers and White Cheddar Cream, Mesquite Grilled Chicken and Sweet Corn (paired with wine from Peninsula Cellars)
- House Smoked Pulled Pork and Pickled Slaw Dumplings with a Ginger Soy Glaze, Topped with Mixed Micro Greens (paired with wine from Hawthorne Vineyards)
- Local Honey Braised Turkey Salad on a Bed of Peppery Arugula, Granny Smith Apple Slaw (paired with wine from Chateau Chantal)
- Poached Sweet Rock Shrimp on a Nest of Grapefruit and Pickled Vegetables, Cube of Maytag Cheese, Micro Opal Basil (paired with wine from Brys Estate)
- Mixed Berry Tart with Riesling Soaked Strawberries, Blackberries and Peaches with an Orange Blossom Honey Glaze (paired with wine from Chateau Grand Traverse)
- Torn Buttery Bibb Lettuce with Shaved Almonds, Mandarin Orange Segments, Light Citrus and Wild Flower Honey Vinaigrette (paired with wine from Bowers Harbor Vineyards)
- Dark Chocolate and Raspberry Truffles with a White Chocolate Drizzle (paired with wine from Black Star Farms)
- Fennel Spiced Housemade Pork Sausage with Braised Red Cabbage and a Cherry Mustard Sauce (paired with wine from 2 Lads Winery)
- Beef Short Ribs with Red Wine Demi Sauce Served with Duchess Potatoes, Roasted Carrots and Micro Kohlrabi (paired with wine from Mari Vineyards)
Persons must be 21 years or older with a valid ID to attend the WOMP Wine Dinner.
For additional information, visit Grand Traverse Resort’s website.