NOTE: Old Mission Gazette is currently closed to new advertisers. Space is very limited, and we keep our advertiser base small in order to better promote them on the website, email newsletter (6000+ subscribers), and social media channels. However, if you would like to be added to a waiting list and be contacted when space opens up, please email editor Jane Boursaw, [email protected].
Get your message in front of thousands of Old Mission Peninsula residents and visitors! Purchase an advertising package with Old Mission Gazette and tap into this valuable market.
Advertising is currently by invitation only, but if you feel that you’re a good fit, email Jane Boursaw, [email protected], or call (231) 590-4715.
DOWNLOAD: OMG Media Kit Sept 2017
ABOUT OLD MISSION GAZETTE
Old Mission Gazette is an online newspaper based on the Old Mission Peninsula, north of Traverse City, Michigan. We publish Old Mission Peninsula news, thoughtful editorials, rich history (including six generations of the editor’s family), stunning photos, profiles of Peninsula people, recaps of Peninsula Township meetings, a calendar of Peninsula events, an interactive Old Mission Peninsula map, a directory of Peninsula businesses, vintage Peninsula recipes, book reviews by local authors, movie reviews and more.
Founder and editor Jane Johnson Boursaw is a lifelong resident of the Old Mission Peninsula who grew up on a cherry farm. Her brothers, Dean Johnson and Ward Johnson, continue to farm about a thousand acres in cherries, apples, grapes and other produce on the Peninsula.
On the wall of the Peninsula Township Hall hangs a plaque highlighting a lifetime of community service by Jane’s dad, local historian Walter Johnson. Her mom, Mary Johnson, played the organ for 50+ years at Old Mission Peninsula United Methodist Church and has served on the Peninsula Community Library Board, Old Mission Women’s Club, OMP Historical Society and other OMP organizations.
Six generations of family history, paired with Jane’s 35-year career as a photojournalist with the New York Times, Los Angeles Times and many other publications, brings a unique and trusted vision to her role as editor of Old Mission Gazette.
ADVERTISE WITH US
A variety of advertising packages are available on Old Mission Gazette for companies and individuals offering products and services for those who live, visit or work on the Old Mission Peninsula or in the Grand Traverse area.
Display ads, business profiles, listings in our business directory and interactive map, placement in our email newsletter, sponsored posts, and social media shout-outs are just a few of the options.
Current monthly traffic stats on Old Mission Gazette include 950,000 pageviews and 114,000 unique visitors. Readers spend an average of 30 minutes to an hour when they visit the website. A newsletter is emailed several times a week to 6000+ subscribers (65% on the Peninsula, 30% in the Grand Traverse area, and 5% elsewhere). We also have an active and engaged readership on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
OLD MISSION PENINSULA STATS
(Census.gov, 2016; does not include summer residents)
- Population Estimates (July 1, 2015): 5797
- Median Age (2014): 56.5
- Total Housing Units (2014): 3337
- Median value of owner-occupied housing units (2011-2015): $333,800
- High school graduate or higher, persons aged 25+ (2011-2015): 97.4%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, persons aged 25+ (2011-2015): 62.5%
- Median household income (2011-2015): $70,632
- Businesses (2012): 716
- Veterans (2011-2015): 609
Below are the advertising packages available on Old Mission Gazette. To discuss your particular needs, email Jane Boursaw, [email protected], or call (231) 590-4715.
ALL AD PACKAGES INCLUDE:
- Ad included in email newsletter (6000+ subscribers; 65% on the OMP; emailed several times weekly).
- Listing in Business Directory (see an example here) – Includes up to 250 words, one photo, address, email, phone no., and website link.
- Listing/Icon on OMP Interactive Map (see it here) – Includes pop-up info box when icon is clicked, with up to 250 words, one photo, address, email, phone no., and website link.
- Article About Business written by Old Mission Gazette staff. May include an interview, links and photos.
- Ongoing Mentions on Our Social Media Accounts – Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
AD PACKAGE #1 – THE FIRE TRAIL
- Premium Display Ad, 125 x 125 pixel ad, right sidebar on home page and all article pages.
- $855/6 mos. (5% discount)
- $1620/12 mos. (10% discount)
AD PACKAGE #2 – THE BAY
Premium Display Ad, 300 x 230 pixel ad, right sidebar on home page and all article pages.
- $1425/6 mos. (5% discount)
- $2700/12 mos. (10% discount)
AD PACKAGE #3 – THE DOUGHERTY
- Premium Display Ad, 640 x 90 ad, at top of articles on home page and all article pages.
- $1995/6 mos. (5% discount)
- $3780/12 mos. (10% discount)
AD PACKAGE #4 – THE *HESSLER
- Premium Display Ad, 728 x 90 pixel ad, in banner at top of every page of the website, including the home page and article pages.
- $2850/6 mos. (5% discount)
- $5400/12 mos. (10% discount)
Sponsored Article: To pitch a stand-alone sponsored article (not associated with the above ad packages), please email Jane Boursaw at [email protected]. Our rate for sponsored posts is $750 and includes promotion on our social media channels and email newsletter. The post stays “live” forever. May include an interview, links and photos.
For more info on any of the above, please email Jane Boursaw, Old Mission Gazette Editor, [email protected], or call (231) 590-4715.
Learn more about the Old Mission Gazette here.
*In celebration of the historic Hessler Log Cabin, located next to Mission Point Lighthouse.