I know first-hand that this recipe from my sister-in-law Teri Johnson is awesome. I love carrots anyway, and this kicks them up a notch with the addition of garlic and parsley.
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
This recipe comes from the Ogdensburg Community Cookbook circa 1982 (according to my mom’s note in the book).
TERI JOHNSON’S PARSLEY CARROTS
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped onion
- 1 tsp. instant chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 1/2 c. 1/4-inch sliced carrots
- 1 Tbsp. snipped or flaked parsley
Mix all ingredients except carrots and parsley in a 1-quart casserole. Stir in carrots. Cover tightly and microwave on high 4 minutes. Stir, then cover and microwave until carrots are tender, 4 to 6 minutes longer. Toss with parsley.