REGULAR TOWNSHIP BOARD MEETING
April 12, 2016
1. Call to Order
3. Roll Call
4. Approve Agenda
5. Brief Citizen Comments – for items not on the Agenda
6. Conflict of Interest
7. Consent Agenda
Any member of the Board, staff, or the public may ask that any item on the Consent Agenda be removed and placed elsewhere on the agenda for full discussion.
Old Mission Gazette is Reader Supported.
Click Here to Keep the Gazette Going.
1. Reports and Announcements (as provided in packet)
- Officers – Clerk, Supervisor, Treasurer
- Departmental – Planning Commission, Zoning Board of Appeals, Attorney, Engineer, Library, Fire Board, Park Commission and Township Deputy.
2. Correspondence (as provided in packet)
3. Edit lists of invoices (recommend approval)
4. Meeting Minutes
- March 7, 2016 Special Budget Meeting
- March 14, 2016 Special Meeting
- March 15, 2016 Regular Meeting
- March 22, 2016 Special Meeting
- March 28, 2016 Special Year End Budget Meeting
5. March 2016 Payroll (recommend approval)
6. Log Cabin Days Sign Request
8. Township Board Business
- Kahn Update- Memo Dated March 23, 2016 and Verbal
- Safe Boat Update
- Leelanau County Request
- Fire Board – Verbal
- Bluff Road Speed Limit Reduction
- School Board Resolution (Tabled from March 28, 2016)
- Bonobo Update
- Fifarek ZBA Refund Request
- Large Event Fee
9. Citizen Comments
10. Board Comments
Peninsula Township has several portable hearing devices available for audience members. If you would like to use one, please ask the Clerk.
A NOTE FROM JANE: I started Old Mission Gazette in 2015 because I felt a calling to provide the Old Mission Peninsula community with local news. After decades of writing for newspapers like the New York Times and Los Angeles Times, and magazines like Family Circle and Ladies' Home Journal, I really just wanted to write about my own community where I grew up on a cherry farm and raised my own family. So of course, I started my own newspaper. Because the Gazette is mainly reader-supported, I hope you'll consider tossing a few bucks my way if I mention your event, your business, your organization or your news item, or if you simply love reading about what's happening on the Old Mission Peninsula. Check out the donation page here. Thank you so much for your support. -jb