Peninsula Township is accepting letters of interest and/or resumes for people interested in serving on the Planning Commission.
The Planning Commission meets the third Monday of each month at 7 p.m. at the Township Hall, but additional meetings may be scheduled. Applicants must be qualified electors of Peninsula Township.
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
Submit a letter of interest and/or resume to Monica A. Hoffman, Township Clerk, 13235 Center Rd, Traverse City MI 49686 by 4 p.m. August 1, 2016. For more information or if you have questions, email Monica, [email protected], or call (231) 223-7321.
Peninsula Township’s Planning Department works closely with township property owners on issues regarding Special Use Permits, Developments and Ordinance Amendments. Recommendations are based on township ordinances, which are driven by a comprehensive Master Plan, which is currently under a five-year review.
Two staff members – Michelle Reardon, Director of Planning & Zoning, and Claire Schoolmaster, Planning & Zoning Coordinator – help to implement proposed plans, along with seven Planning Commission members who make recommendations regarding Township policy to the Township Board.
Planning Commission duties include:
- Write and update the Master Plan
- Conduct public hearings on Special Use Permits and proposed Zoning Ordinance amendments
- Review and recommend approval of site plans
- Draft new zoning regulations
- Make recommendations to the Township Board
Current Planning Commission members include:
- Chair: Keith Leak
- Vice Chair: Al Couture
- Secretary: Donna Hornberger
- Town Board Representative: Penny Rosi
- Member & Zoning Board of Appeals Representative: Isaiah Wunsch
- Member: Laura Serocki
- Member: Monnie Peters
beauty of a photo, as always!