Two meetings are scheduled for the Planning Commission Committee on Master Plan Implementation and Zoning Rewrite. The meetings will take place at the Peninsula Township Hall and center on:
- Nov. 9, 2016, 6 p.m. – Non Agriculture Goals and Actions
- Nov. 17, 2016, 2 p.m. – Agriculture Goals and Actions
The first committee meeting was held on Oct. 3, 2016. The bulk of the round-table discussion was to begin the task of going through the Master Plan “Goals and Actions,” discussing the question of “What needs to be done and by whom to accomplish the Actions in the Master Plan.” We discussed the Actions under these Areas of Concern:
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
- Environmentally Sensitive Area Overlay
- Shoreline Overlay
- Historic Overlay
- Public/Semi-Public Land Use Goals (Capital Improvement Plan and Center Road)
Click here to download the packet for the Nov. 9, 2016 meeting. The packet contains:
- Background Memo for these meetings (part of the packet for the first meeting)
- Report of Oct. 3, 2016 meeting (dated Oct. 10, 2016)
- Minutes of the Oct. 3, 2016 meeting
- Working Spreadsheet after the first meeting
At the Oct. 3 committee meeting, which was well attended, we touched on about one-quarter of the Actions. The second meeting on Nov. 9 will continue with the Non-Ag Actions. Isaiah Wunsch (my Co-Chair) will be away for that meeting, but will help lead the third meeting on November 17 on Ag items.
Both meetings will continue the round-table format and have been scheduled at different times of the day to allow more to attend at least one of these meetings. We welcome all who might wish to attend.
To see the packet that was developed for the first meeting, click here.
To see the Master Plan, click here.
The packets include a PDF version of the Working Spreadsheet. If you would like an excel version, email me, Monnie Peters, at [email protected].
For questions or comments, feel free to email me or Gordon Hayward, Township Planner, [email protected].