Tonight’s Peninsula Township Planning Commission meeting – 7 p.m. at the Township Hall – will cover a request for setback reduction in the Agricultural District per Section 188.8.131.52. Here is that section of the Peninsula Township Zoning Ordinance:
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
Section 184.108.40.206 Exceptions to Required Setbacks:
(1) The Township Board may, upon recommendation of the Planning Commission, decrease the required setback on any or all lots or limited common elements when the Township Board determines that one or more of the following conditions exist:
(a) The existence of topographic conditions i.e. steep slopes, changes in grade, wetlands etc. or other site conditions which make it:
1. unlikely that any of the uses allowed in the agricultural district would be located on the adjacent agriculturally zoned land; or
2. so that the properties are sufficiently separated to mitigate incompatibilities of use;
(b) There exists an easement such as a conservation easement on the land adjacent to the proposed plat that restricts agricultural uses in such a manner that protection to future homeowners is equal or better than that provided by the 100 foot setback; or
(c) There are existing residential uses along the lot line of the agriculturally zoned property.
Also on the agenda:
- Approval of Meeting Minutes
- Reports and Updates: Township Board, Zoning Board of Appeals, Park Commission, Zoning Rewrite Working Committee, Master Plan Round Table Committee
As always, there will be time for citizen comments.