The new Old Mission Peninsula School (OMPS) has two job positions currently open. Earlier this year, the school was awarded a charter through Grand Valley State University, and is moving forward with plans to open in the Fall of 2018.
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS – OLD MISSION PENINSULA SCHOOL
Position Overview: We are seeking a founding Director of Operations for the new Old Mission Peninsula School, located on picturesque Old Mission Peninsula, in Traverse City, Michigan. OMPS will open in September, 2018 as a Pre-K-6 Grade elementary school, with an initial estimated school age student body of 150 children.
The ideal applicant must enjoy children and create a school climate where staff and students are excited to show up and put their best foot forward, socially and academically. The founding Director of Operations will partner with the Director of Academics to fully utilize the unique campus and the strength of the community to foster a comprehensive learning experience for all learners. If you have a history of building relationships and driving results, this is the job for you!
The Director of Operations will lead implementation and maintenance of clear operational systems and enable a supportive school environment, allowing the Director of Academics and the teachers to focus on teaching and learning. Therefore, the Director of Operations will be an individual who embraces structure, innovation, and continuous improvement, and someone who relishes the challenge of finding ways to work smarter and in a cost-efficient manner.
The Director of Operations will oversee the school’s office and building operations. She/he will work closely and collaboratively with the Director of Academics, teachers, Old Mission Peninsula Education Foundation, Grand Valley State University, (the Charter Authorizing Agent) the community and other valuable stakeholders.
- Positive attitude with an interest in education or the non-profit sector
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution
- Four years of work experience, with two years of hands-on management experience in a school, preferred
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Evidence of strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to solve problems in a complex, at times ambiguous, and fast moving environment
- Comfort with giving and receiving constructive feedback
- Lifelong learner
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Proven ability to meet deadlines
- High level of comfort with financial oversight and budgeting
- Strong technology skills: proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Google Drive (Docs, Sheets, Slides), and able to quickly learn how to use new programs/systems
- Demonstrated passion for and commitment to the OMPS mission
- Occasional evening and weekend availability
Compensation and Benefits: Old Mission Peninsula School offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to Apply: Please email the recruitment committee, [email protected], and include a letter of interest and resume/CV.
SUMMER CAMP CO-DESIGNER AND DIRECTOR – OLD MISSION PENINSULA SCHOOL
Position Overview: Energetic, kid-loving, summer camp co-designer and director for a new summer camp opening July 1, 2018 on the picturesque Old Mission Peninsula in Northern Michigan.
Working alongside the Old Mission Peninsula Education Foundation (OMPEF), the camp co-designer will survey the community for input regarding the most desired camp offerings. With the goal of partnering with the community and with successful programs throughout the world, the summer camp on Old Mission Peninsula strives to be the top summer camp in the region, providing an enriched summer experience for campers aged 5 to 15.
Campers will be able to explore their surroundings, try new things, discover their interests, and build their teamwork skills, while gaining confidence and self-esteem along the way. Creation of an on-site garden to provide produce, as well as opportunities for camper participation. The goal is to create a safe place to make lasting memories and friends. Campers should be able to discover new passions and learn to be independent. The surroundings on Old Mission Peninsula shall serve as inspiration to all! Gaining self-confidence, campers should discover what makes them tick in a unique and positive environment.
The camp co-designer will report to the OMPEF Board of Directors and will be the lead staff in ensuring that all required licensures, certifications and approvals are in place prior to opening day. Successful candidates will be willing to volunteer their time and talents during the development phase of the camp while being paid as the camp director beginning Summer 2018. The summer camp sessions that follow this initial year will begin in mid-June and run through August each year.
Come and be a part of great tradition on Old Mission Peninsula working to build new traditions going forward.
How to Apply: Please email the recruitment committee, [email protected], and include your resume/CV, three references, and a summary of your best camp ideas and inspirations.
Themes and/or areas of interest based on community input to date include:
- Good old-fashioned fun
- Sports camps-focused clinics on a variety of sports
- Nature, Fun, Friendships and Adventure
- Balance between choice and all-camp activities
- http://www.summercamps.com/camp/summer-film-acting-camps-at-new-york-film-academy-3/ (tie in with the Traverse City Film Festival)
Statement of Non-Discrimination: OMPS is committed to a policy of equal treatments for all individuals applying for employment. OMPS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, national or ethnic background.