The regular monthly meeting of the Peninsula Township Board will take place on Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018 at 7 p.m. at the Township Hall, 13235 Center Road on the Old Mission Peninsula.
Along with staff reports and the approval of recent township meeting minutes, the consent agenda includes (anyone may request these be moved to the business portion of the meeting):
- Announcement – Brian Abbing, Peninsula Deputy, Theft Identity Program (Brian recently replaced deputy Jason Hamilton)
- Dave Sanger, Code Enforement Officer, December 2017 Report
- Approve maintenance agreement with Howard Byrne for video/audio systems
- Approve list of Fire Department surplus/obsolete items for sale/disposal by Fire Chief
The business portion of the meeting will include:
- Consider Approval of hiring one full-time firefighter, Grant Blackmer, and three volunteers as recommended by Fire Chief Fred Gilstorff (read more about available firefighter positions here)
- Consider Approval for G. Meihn contract as a flat annual fee for Township general legal services
- Consider Approval Vineyard Ridge Sewer and Water Plan Documents – SUP #127
- Consider Approval of escrow amount for construction Administration, Inspection, and Materials Testing by Gordie Frasier for Vineyard Ridge SUP #127
As always, there will be time during the meeting for public comment. If you are planning to attend this meeting and are in need of reasonable auxiliary aids or services, contact Peninsula Township Clerk, Joanne Westphal, (231) 223-7321, or email [email protected].