A few weeks ago, I discovered that I’d been nominated for “Best Newspaper Reporter” for Old Mission Gazette in the annual “Red Hot Best of Northern Michigan” contest, hosted by MyNorth/Traverse Magazine. There are two phases of voting, and I somehow managed to make it to Round 2!
So, if you are the voting kind, I’d be honored if you’d vote for me and Old Mission Gazette in Round 2. Honestly, I’m not really much for contests, but this would be a nice little accolade I can add to the Gazette website, social media channels and media kit. And since I consider the Gazette to belong to everyone on the OMP, this is for all of us.
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
The voting closes this Saturday, March 10, at 5 p.m., so hop over there while you’re thinking of it.
Click over to the Red Hot Best ballot here, scroll down to the “People” section, click on “Newspaper Reporter,” and you’ll see me listed at the very top of the list – “Boursaw, Jane, Old Mission Gazette.”
I’ve listed below a few other OMPers in the running. You don’t have to vote in every category, but you do have to include all of your votes on one ballot. So make your choices, then scroll down to the bottom of the ballot, add your first name, email and zip code, and click “Submit Your Ballot.”
The top three in each category win bragging rights and will be announced in the June issue of Traverse Magazine.
- Endurance Event – Bayshore Marathon
- Bike Shop – McClain Cycle & Fitness
- Gift Shop – The Red Dresser
- Hair Salon – Salon Verve
- Landscaping Co. – Old Mission Associates
- Most Scenic Lighthouse – Mission Point Lighthouse
- Place to Take a Scenic Photo – Chateau Chantal
- Restaurant You Can Boat To – Boathouse Restaurant
- U-Pick Blueberries, Strawberries, Raspberries – Buchan’s Blueberry Hill
- Wedding Venue – Chateau Chantal
FOOD, DRINKS & RESTAURANTS
- Best Wine Tasting Room/Patio – Take your pick of OMP wineries!
- Local French Fries – Jolly Pumpkin
- Local Hard Cider – Bowers Harbor, Spirit Cider Peach Apple
- Local Red Wine – Take your pick!
- Local White Wine – Ditto!
- Mac & Cheese – Jolly Pumpkin
- Outdoor Dining – Boathouse
- Restaurant With a View – Boathouse
- Sparkling Wine – Take your pick!
- Whitefish – Boathouse
- Newspaper Reporter – Jane Boursaw, Old Mission Gazette
- Local Author – Kristen Haines (misspelled on the ballot – actually Hains)
- Physical Therapist – Todd Neinhouse
- Realtor – Cindy Anderson, Berkshire Hathaway