Here’s a roundup of a few job openings on the Old Mission Peninsula. If you have a job not listed here, feel free to tell us in the comments section at the bottom of this article, including the job requirements and contact info.
Old Mission Associates. Owner Jordan Valdmanis reports that they are looking to add team members to their growing landscape company. “We currently have more than 20 positive, energetic and hardworking individuals and we’re looking to add two to four more,” he says. “The culture that we have here at Old Mission Associates LLC is what separates us from the rest.” For more information, call Jordan at (231) 223-9222, and visit their website here.
Chateau Chantal. The Chateau has several summer and fall job positions available, including tasting room servers and bussers (full hourly wage plus tips), bed & breakfast front desk and housekeeping, culinery intern and wine dinner servers (hourly wage plus gratuity). For more information, click here.
Peninsula Grill. The Grill, located at 14091 Center Road next to Peninsula Market, is seeking fulltime waitstaff and hostesses. Apply through their Facebook page here.
Chateau Grand Traverse. The Inn at Chateau Grand Traverse (located next to the winery) is seeking a full-time or part-time housekeeper. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, hard-working, friendly, and a team player. Reliable transportation is required. Job duties include:
- Cleaning guest rooms, bathrooms, breakfast room, and common areas
- Washing, drying, ironing, and folding laundry
- Making beds and stocking guest rooms with all amenities
- Vacuum and sweep facility to maintain a clean appearance
- Remove trash and recycling and sort properly
- Simple food preparation and stocking
- Maintain and clean storage areas and cleaning cart
- Carry up to 50 lbs. up and down stairs
- Greet Winery Inn guests and give tours of facility
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide guests information on the local area and attractions
- Learn and provide basic knowledge on wine and the winery
A link to their employment application can be found here: https://cgtwines.com/careers/housekeeping-guest-services/. Please return completed application and current resume to [email protected] or mail to Chateau Grand Traverse, 12239 Center Rd., Traverse City, MI, 49686.
Peninsula Cellars. Fulltime Farm and Vineyard Manager. This person will manage the daily operations of Kroupa Farms, LLC. Experience with managing a fruit farm, farm machinery operation and maintenance, integrated pest management, and AgVerdict is preferred. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of equipment, vehicles, and facilities and performs crop production activities.
- Oversee and execute integrated pest management program for Kroupa Farms LLC.
- Participate in the planning, preparation, and execution of projects for Kroupa Farms LLC and other related businesses as directed by the ownership.
- Participate in training and supervising employees performing farm duties.
- Contribute to a work environment that encourages positive team culture.
- Remain competent and current through self-directed professional reading, developing professional contacts with colleagues, attending professional development courses, and attending training and/or courses as required.
- Support the overall success of Kroupa Farms LLC by performing all other duties as assigned.
Director of Planning. Peninsula Township is seeking a fulltime Director of Planning at the Senior Planner Level to head the Planning Department. Candidate qualifications include 5-8 years of community planning experience, familiarity with ordinance writing and grantsmanship, and GIS experience. Salary is negotiable, based on experience; a contractual arrangement would be considered. Submit a letter of interest, current CV, and three references to [email protected] or mail to Clerk, Peninsula Township, 13235 Center Road, Traverse City, MI 49686. For more information, call the clerk’s office, (231) 223-7321. This application is open until May 15, 2018, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Planning Assistant. Peninsula Township is seeking a Planning Assistant (Junior planning Level) or Planning Intern to assist the Planning Department in its daily tasks. This individual will be engaged in filing and organizing documents, editing manuscripts and grants, responding to FOIA requests, and drafting agendas. This is a part-time job comprising 20 to 29 hours per week. Hourly rate is negotiable, based on experience. A bachelor’s degree in planning or landscape architecture is desired. Submit a letter of interest, current CV, and three references to [email protected] or mail to Clerk, Peninsula Township, 13235 Center Road, Traverse City, MI 49686. For more information, contact the clerk’s office, (231) 223-7321. This application is open until May 15, 2018, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Clerk’s Assistant. Peninsula Township is seeking a part-time Clerk’s Assistant to help in the Clerk’s office with digital data acquisition and filing of Election and Cemetery information. This position requires knowledge of the election calendar, voter registration requirements, absentee voter qualifications, and other aspects of the election cycle. In the offcycle years and months, this person will be involved in keeping our voter registration cards up-to-date, along with helping the clerk with cemetery data upkeep. A letter of interest, along with a resume and three references, should be sent to [email protected] or mail to Clerk, Peninsula Township, 13235 Center Road, Traverse City, MI 49686. For more information, contact the clerk’s office, (231) 223-7321. this application is open until May 15, 2018, or until a suitable candidate is found.
Fire & Rescue. The Peninsula Fire Department is looking for part-time Firefighter/Paramedics/EMT’s. Click HERE for the application. Direct all questions to Fire Chief Gilstorff, [email protected] or call (231) 223-4443.