On the agenda for tomorrow’s regular meeting of the Peninsula Township Board (June 12, 7 p.m., at the Township Hall):
- Public Hearing on the Escrow Ordinance. This is Amendment No. 196, Section 4.3 of the Peninsula Township Zoning Ordinance, and provides that the Directors of Planning and Zoning Administration will estimate and administer additional fees to be held in escrow for permits relating to Planned Unit Developments (PUDs), Special Use Permits (SUPs) and Land Use Permits (LUPs).
- Vineyard Ridge Bond Related Request for Fall
- Networks Northwest Presentation on Peninsula Township Planning Department Assessment, including findings and recommendations.
- Small Winery Presentation by Township Attorney Greg Meihn
- Review and Approve Emergency Services Cost and Fee Recovery Ordinance
- Closed Session with Attorney Meihn on Lawsuits
The consent agenda includes (these are items that are approved with one motion; anyone may request that any item be removed and placed elsewhere on the agenda for full discussion):
Correspondence, including Coastal Resiliency Training Workshops, Short-term Rentals (Louis Santucci); “81” correspondence (six letters, addressing the burning of trees, ash/smoke drifting to adjoining properties, noise and more). Read all the correspondence in the meeting packet here.
Approve request from the Fire Chief to add Charles Stutler to a position of probationary firefighter. “Charles currently has no firefighter training but shows a great deal of passion to learn the craft,” notes Fire Chief Fred Gilstorff in a letter dated June 5. “I have interviewed Charles and feel he would be a good fit within our department with some guidance and training.”
Approve expenditure of $1500 for the annual maintenance contract for the speed signs. The cost includes online capabilities, discounts on repairs, internet connections to each sign, anti-tamper measures, and data collection on all traffic that passes by the signs.
Approve Natural Hazard Mitigation Plan Adoption Resolution 2018-06-12 #1. By adopting the plan, the township will be eligible to apply for hazard mitigation grant applications and any potential disaster relief grants as a result of natural disasters that may affect the township. Read the full letter from Gregg Bird, G.T. County’s Emergency Management Coordinator here.
Approve sign replacement request for Peninsula Cellars. This is a two-sided roadside sign in front of their building on Center Road.
Approve Regional Asset Inventory and GIS Mapping Project Resolution 2018-06-12 #2. A grant of $113,750 was received from the Michigan Department of Treasury – Revenue Sharing and Grants Division.
Approve sign requests for Old Mission Peninsula School. These signs would read: “OMPS, Tuition Free Public School, ENROLL NOW, OMPSchool.org,” and would be placed at 10504 Center Road through the summer (Charlie Doe sign), and on the site of the new library on the corner of Island View Road and Center Road.
View the complete meeting packets here. As always, there will be time for citizen comments. Peninsula Township also has several portable hearing devices available for audience members. If you would like to use one, please contact the clerk, (231) 223-7322.
The Peninsula Township Hall is located at 13235 Center Road on the Old Mission Peninsula.