Peninsula Township is accepting letters of interest and resumes for the position of township clerk, as the current township clerk, Joanne Westphal, recently submitted her resignation, effective Dec. 31, 2018.
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
Applicants for township clerk must be qualified electors of the township, and statutory duties include:
- Maintain custody of all township records
- Maintain general ledger
- Prepare warrants for township checks
- Record and maintain township meeting minutes
- Keep the township book of oaths
- Responsible for special meeting notices
- Publish board meeting minutes
- Keep voter registration file and conduct elections
- Keep township ordinance book
- Prepare financial statements
- Deliver tax certificates to supervisor and county clerk by September 30
- Must appoint a deputy clerk
- Must post a surety bond
As noted above, the new township clerk will be responsible for appointing the deputy clerk, who also recently announced her resignation.
Please submit letters of interest and resumes to Joanne Westphal, Township Clerk, 13235 Center Road, Traverse City, MI 49686 by 4 p.m. on Thursday, October 25, 2018.