The 81 Development Company, LLC has requested an amendment to their Special Use Permit (SUP) No. 123. The development has been under construction on a parcel of land near the corner of Bluff Road and Boursaw Road.
A public hearing will take place at tonight’s Planning Commission meeting, 7 p.m. at the Peninsula Township Hall, 13235 Center Road on the Old Mission Peninsula.
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
The proposed modifications include:
- Unit 1 at the south end of the site is removed and replaced by new Unit 29 at the north end of site. All Units 1-29 are re-numbered to reflect the modification.
- Former Unit 1 waterfront access (0.30 acres) at the south end of the site is removed from the PUD.
- Snug Harbour Court is shifted west, increasing lot depths for Units 5-9.
- Lot widths for Units 1-9 are adjusted to provide more uniform distribution of width.
- Units 11-28 are shortened along the easterly lot line to achieve the 65 percent PUD open space requirement.
By a narrow vote of four to three, the Peninsula Township Board approved the SUP at a meeting on Dec. 12, 2017.
The 81-acre planned unit development, which has been several years in the making, has included multiple lawsuits and public scrutiny, consists of 41 single-family lots and up to 40 boat docking spaces on East Bay under a Special Use Permit.
Click here to see the SUP Amendment application in the packet for tonight’s public hearing.