The next “Friends of Peninsula Community Library” Book Sale will take place Sept. 11 – 18, 2021 in the Community Room at the library.
Beginning Monday, August 2, 4 – 6 p.m., and continuing each Monday through August, the Friends of PCL will be accepting gently-used books, puzzles, DVDs and CDs as part of their fundraising efforts.
Old Mission Gazette is Reader Supported.
Click Here to Keep the Gazette Going.
Proceeds from Friends’ Book Sales support library programs such as the activity bags so popular with library patrons young and old. The Friends asks that you consider bringing all your donations during August, prior to this sale, as the group will have limited availability to accept and sort books as the weather gets colder.
Place your books and items in small- and medium-sized boxes, organized with the spine side up, as this helps with sorting. Volunteers will be there to assist in getting the books and other materials unloaded from your trunk or hatch area and into the Carriage House next to the library.
During regular library hours, one box per visit will be accepted by library staff at the Circulation Desk. Summer hours are:
- Monday and Thursday: 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday: 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Saturday: 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Note that these items cannot be accepted:
- Reader’s Digest condensed books
- Magazines (even National Geographic)
- VHS tapes
- Bibles and other religious texts
- Outdated technology manuals
- Outdated medical information
- Items that are dirty, moldy, water damaged or with excessive markings or highlighting
To see all upcoming events, check out our OMP Community Calendar here.