A few weeks ago, I posted that the “Friends of Peninsula Community Library” group was accepting donations of gently-used books, DVDs, CDs and puzzles for their upcoming sale. They are still accepting items through the end of August – check out our community calendar for dates and times.
As of this week, we now have dates and times for the Book Sale, which will take place at the library, 2893 Island View Road.
Help Support Old Mission Gazette - Click Here
Used Book Sale Dates & Times
Friday, Sept. 10, 4-6 p.m. Pre-sale for members of “Friends of PCL” only. If you are not a Friend yet, you are welcome to bring the membership dues ($15/individual; $25/household; $100/lifetime), sign up on the spot, and start shopping. You can download and fill out the form ahead of time by visiting the Friends page on PCL’s website here.)
Book Sale Dates for Everyone:
- Saturday, Sept. 11, 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. (On this day, there will also be a “Forever Yum” ice cream truck making periodic visits to the library between noon and 4 p.m.!)
- Monday, Sept. 13, 10 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Sept. 14, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Wednesday, Sept. 15, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Thursday, Sept. 16, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, Sept. 17, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. ($5/bag)
- Saturday, Sept. 18, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. ($5/bag)
The Friends group is a 501c3 organization, and proceeds from the book sale and other fundraisers help to support PCL beyond its operating budget.
Most recently, Friends of PCL has:
- Funded activities in 2020-2021, such as Take-Out Craft Bags for children and adults
- Provided equipment and art supplies for the Library
- Provided the subscription to the Traverse City Record-Eagle
- Helped cover expenses for the Summer Reading Club
- Sponsored speakers and musicians
- Sponsored performers for Zoom appearances
- Contributed to the new PCL building construction by donating $35,000 to the Capital Campaign Fund
For more information about the Friends of PCL, click here.