Get your message in front of thousands of Old Mission Peninsula residents and visitors! Advertise in the Old Mission Gazette website and email newsletter, and tap into this valuable market. Here are six reasons why it’s a great idea.
View & Download: OLD MISSION GAZETTE MEDIA KIT
1. Your message is spread far and wide. Old Mission Gazette has more than 3.5 million pageviews monthly (real people, not web-bots), and readers spend an average of 40 minutes on the website. Our newsletter is emailed three times weekly to 10,000+ subscribers, 65% of whom live on the Old Mission Peninsula either year-round or during the summer. We also have an active and engaged readership on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and we’ll mention your business there from time to time, too. We don’t just plop your ad into the website and newsletter and call it good. We’ll champion your business and be your voice for the Old Mission Peninsula and Grand Traverse region.
2. You have lots of options. A variety of ad packages are available for companies and individuals offering products and services for those who live, visit or work on the Old Mission Peninsula or in the Grand Traverse region. Display ads, business profiles, listings in our business directory and map, placement in our email newsletter, sponsored articles and mentions on our social media channels are just a few options. Get more details, including stats, ad packages and more:
View/Download: OLD MISSION GAZETTE MEDIA KIT
3. You don’t have to sign a contract. You’re welcome to run your ad on a month-to-month basis, or sign up for six or 12 months for a discount.
4. You’re “buying local” and helping to support a small business devoted to the OMP. The Gazette is owned and operated on the Old Mission Peninsula by lifelong resident Jane Johnson Boursaw. Six generations of farm family history, paired with Jane’s 35-year career as a photojournalist, digital editor, website designer, SEO expert and social media guru with publications like the New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Times of London, Ladies’ Home Journal, People Magazine, Entertainment Weekly and many others brings a unique perspective and skillset to run Old Mission Gazette. Read more about her in “Jane’s World,” where she writes about growing up on a cherry farm, marrying the boy next door (Tim Boursaw), and raising two kids (Will and Marissa) on the OMP.
5. You’re part of an award-winning team. Old Mission Gazette won the 2018 award for Investigative Journalism from the Northern Michigan Environmental Action Council (NMEAC), and editor Jane Boursaw won the 2018 Red Hot Best of Northern Michigan award for Best Newspaper Reporter.
6. You’re an OMP Insider. Jane is a member of the Old Mission Women’s Club and OMP Historical Society, and works closely with the OMP Education Foundation, Peninsula Community Library, American Legion Post 399, Mission Point Lighthouse, Peter Dougherty Society, Peninsula Fire Department, Peninsula Township, OMP churches and other local groups to report their news. Your ad is part of that insider info.
Be part of Old Mission Peninsula history. Advertise in Old Mission Gazette. For more info, email Jane Boursaw, [email protected], or call/text her at (231) 590-4715.
To pitch a stand-alone sponsored article, please email Jane Boursaw at [email protected]. Our rate for sponsored posts is $350 and includes promotion on our social media channels and email newsletter. The post stays “live” forever and may include a story/interview about your business, with links and photos of your choice.
ABOUT OLD MISSION GAZETTE
Old Mission Gazette is an online newspaper based on the Old Mission Peninsula, north of Traverse City, Michigan, published by Old Mission Peninsula residents (Tim and Jane Boursaw). We live and work here, and we have our ear to the ground on local happenings.
In the Gazette, you’ll find Old Mission Peninsula news, thoughtful editorials, rich history (including six generations of both Tim and Jane’s families), stunning photos, profiles of Peninsula people and businesses, recaps of meetings (township, library, school, etc.), a calendar of Peninsula events, an interactive Old Mission Peninsula map, a directory of Peninsula businesses, vintage Peninsula recipes, culture news (books, movies, music) and more.
Gazette founder and editor Jane Johnson Boursaw is a lifelong resident of the Old Mission Peninsula who grew up on a cherry farm. Her brothers, Dean Johnson and Ward Johnson, continue to farm about a thousand acres in cherries, apples, grapes and other produce on the Peninsula. Jane’s sister, Carolyn Lewis, lives with her husband Steve on the way to Mission Point Lighthouse.
On the wall of the Peninsula Township Hall hangs a plaque highlighting a lifetime of community service by Jane’s dad, local historian Walter Johnson, who helped found the Purchase of Development Rights program on the Peninsula. Her mom, Mary Johnson, played the organ for 50+ years at Old Mission Peninsula United Methodist Church and served on the Peninsula Community Library Board, Old Mission Women’s Club, OMP Historical Society and many other OMP organizations.
For more info on advertising in Old Mission Gazette, feel free to call or text Jane Boursaw, (231) 590-4715, or email [email protected].
Also, check out the Gazette’s sister site, Old Mission Peninsula Store, for cool OMP t-shirts, hats, bumper stickers, greeting cards and more.